Situated in the very heart of Taunton, the new community building is both welcoming and functional. Its location, in Taunton’s French Weir Park, links 69 acres (28 hectares) of public green space at Longrun Meadow with the River Tone and Taunton’s town centre and is accessible to the whole community – particularly its young people.
COACH is a community driven project
Following extensive consultation with community groups and individuals, a small team of volunteers forged ahead to secure funding and provide a facility and opportunities ensuring the project’s longevity
What we provide
COACH has appointed experts in outdoor activities, Channel Adventure, to deliver a diverse range of activities, outdoor education and personal development programmes. Channel use the highest quality equipment and carefully planned programmes to ensure a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all. So, whether you are arranging a youth group outing, planning a corporate away day, or looking for an engaging activity day for the family, COACH and Channel Adventure are able to offer an exciting outdoor experience that is guaranteed to motivate and inspire!
- to establish and develop a youth, community, activity and education hub.
- to engage young people and the wider community in healthy and active lifestyles, outdoor and/or community activities
- to promote lifelong learning through partnerships with local providers, meeting the needs of the community
- to engender community spirit and self-worth
- to support satellite sporting/outdoor activity clubs from the Hub
Take a tour of COACH
COACH replaces a former toilet block with an attractive, sustainable town centre facility on the banks of the River Tone. Architects, Reed Holland Associates, faced the immediate challenge of designing a building on a flood plain which would gain the approval of the Environment Agency, Local Authority and the community alike.